Springsteen joins other celebs for Sandy relief fund
This Aug. 14, 2012 file photo shows Bruce Springsteen performing at Fenway Park in Boston. NBC is holding a benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Sandy featuring some artists native to the areas hardest hit. Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi of New Jersey and Billy Joel of Long Island are scheduled to appear at the concert Friday, Nov. 2. (AP Photo/Michael Dwyer, file)
Published Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:00PM EST
MENDHAM, N.J. - Bruce Springsteen and Jon Bon Jovi are among the New Jersey natives joining a special fund created in the wake of Superstorm Sandy, which hit the U.S. East Coast last month.
The musicians will serve on the advisory board of the Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund. The non-profit was created by state first lady Mary Pat Christie to aid in long-term recovery.
The fund has raised more than $16 million.
Springsteen says he knows people will rally to help neighbours "come back better and stronger."
Bon Jovi says the damage and devastation is unimaginable.
The musicians will join Kelly Ripa of "Live with Kelly and Michael," nationally syndicated talk show host Dr. Mehmet Oz and musician and actor Kevin Jonas on the board.