100th Grey Cup Festival: schedule of events
Minister of Foreign Affairs John Baird examines the Grey Cup before making a passport announcement at the Museum of History in Gatineau on Friday October 26, 2012. (The Canadian Press/Adrian Wyld)
Published Monday, November 19, 2012 5:44PM EST
Last Updated Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:36PM EST
Here's what's going on on Grey Cup Sunday, Nov. 25, 2012
- History in the making: For the first time ever, the fans will carry the Grey Cup to the stadium on Grey Cup Sunday. The will be marched from Varsity Stadium to the Telus Street Festival. The Sun Life Grey Cup Fan March starts at 12:30 p.m. at Varsity Stadium. For more information on how YOU can carry the cup during the march, click here.
- The Telus street festival officially begins at noon with live concerts, an outdoor rib fest, team parties, beer tents and a tailgate party on Front Street from Simcoe to John streets, to north of King Street.
- The Scotiabank fan zone is the place to be for parties, free family fun, cheerleaders and CFL alumni offering autographs. Come celebrate at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre every night between noon and 1 a.m.
- The official pre-game party takes place at 1 p.m. at the MTCC, inside the south building. Great food and live music featuring the acts of Burton Cummings, Kathleen Edwards. Special appearances by CFL players, including Michael "Pinball" Clemons.
- The 100th Grey Cup game will begin at 6 p.m. and takes place at the Rogers Centre. The stadium is sold out but the energy will be felt throughout the city. Who are you cheering for?