With Canada Day falling on a Saturday this year, many businesses are closed this Monday, July 3 for the long weekend. Here’s a list of what’s open and closed today.
- Most major tourists attractions such as the Toronto Zoo, CN Tower, The Ontario Science Centre, Ripley’s Aquarium, Harbourfront Centre, and the Royal Ontario Museum, The Art Gallery of Ontario.
- City parks, beaches, splash pads, golf courses
- Most malls, including Toronto Eaton Centre, Square One, Pacific Mall, Vaughan Mills, Promenade, Toronto Premium Outlets, Yorkdale Shopping Centre
- Movie theatres
- The TTC is running on a holiday schedule while GO Transit is running on a Saturday schedule
- All government offices
- Post offices
- Many businesses
- Centre Island (Due to flooding)
- A four-day celebration at Nathan Phillips Square continues. The event will feature dancing, food, music and a slew of top-notch performers. A fireworks show will cap things off at 10:55 p.m. Full schedule of events and performers here.
- The Redpath Waterfront Festival continues, featuring the world’s largest inflatable rubber duck