Terms and Conditions
Published Friday, July 27, 2012 10:45AM EDT
To submit your photo or video ("Content"), please read the following and then, only if you agree, click on the checkbox below and then follow the directions provided.
- By submitting your Content, for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency and receipt of which you hereby acknowledge, you hereby grant to Bell Media and its affiliates and agents and each of their assigns and successors (collectively, "Bell Media"), a world-wide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to televise, broadcast, transmit, exploit, use, edit, reproduce, syndicate, license, print, sublicense, communicate, publicly display and perform, distribute and create compilations and derivative works from, such Content, or any portion thereof, in any manner, media or technology, including, but not limited to all forms of television, display screens, wireless and online technology, now known or later developed, without payment or any other compensation to you or any third party. Such license shall apply with respect to any form, media, or technology now known or later developed. In addition, you warrant that all "moral rights" in such materials have been waived. You agree that Bell Media may edit the Content to accommodate broadcast, broadcast distribution and publishing requirements and/or policies; and to add to, delete from, edit, alter and otherwise combine the Content with other content in any manner and in any media whatsoever. If your photo or video is accepted, Bell Media will endeavour (but is not obliged) to publish your name alongside it. Bell Media reserves the right not to use the Content you submit at all and/or as little of the Content as it chooses. This license shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- You represent and warrant to Bell Media that: the Content you submit is an original work by you; you own or control 100% of the rights in and to your Content; you have secured or cleared all rights related to persons and music contained therein and such rights are and shall be free and clear of any and all claims, rights and obligations; neither the Content nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity; to you have the right to grant to Bell Media the rights granted to us in this license, you do not require the consent of any third party; that there is no contract with any third party that could in any way interfere with Bell Media's rights under this license or require any payment to be made to anyone by Bell Media.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Bell Media from and against all claims, demands, loss, liability, damages and expenses (including legal fees and disbursements), including actions for infringement of copyright and any third party claim inconsistent with your promises herein, or otherwise in connection with our use of your Content under the terms of this license.
- Minors must have the written permission of a parent or legal guardian to submit their Content and such permission must accompany the Content for it to be considered by Bell Media.
- You acknowledge and agree that by submitting your Content you are not entering into an employment relationship with Bell Media and that no relationship is created other than licensor/licensee.
- At no time should you endanger yourself or others, take any unnecessary risks or break any laws in the recording of your Content.
- By submitting your Content, you do so in accordance with the Bell Media Website Terms and Conditions.