Family of woman killed in TTC crash launching lawsuit
Web staff, cp24.com
Published Wednesday, September 7, 2011 6:20PM EDT
The family of the 43-year-old woman killed in a bus crash last week will be launching a lawsuit, a lawyer representing the family said Wednesday.
Jadranka Petrova, 43, was killed when a TTC bus rear-ended a flatbed truck carrying a crane on Lawrence Avenue on Aug. 30.
Thirteen other passengers were also injured in the incident.
The lawsuit will name the TTC, the 52-year-old driver of the bus, the driver of the flatbed truck and the trucking company, lawyer John McLeish said.
The civil suit is expected to be in the millions, but no dollar amount has yet been confirmed.
Petrova, a mother of two, was on her way home from taking a driving test at the time of the collision.
The funeral for Petrova will be held in Macedonia.
With files from CP24's Sue Sgambati