The holidays are quickly approaching!
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish program has become one of the largest distributors of toys to children in need in the Greater Toronto Area. The program also provides financial assistance to hundreds of agencies, ensuring that hundreds of thousands of children across the GTA enjoy a holiday experience. With the help of The Royal Bank of Canada, LoyaltyOne, as well as the generous donations from our loyal viewers and listeners, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in conjunction with Toronto Social Services assisted hundreds of thousands of people in need through toy and financial support.
We're looking forward to another successful holiday campaign!
To donate now, please click the button below:
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish was originally established in 1966 as CHUM’s Kid’s Crusade Foundation, for the purpose of assisting children in need and children’s charities. In 1973, the name was changed to the CHUM Charitable Foundation in order to broaden the scope of the foundation’s work, including the increase in requests for financial assistance from adults in need. In 2008, the program became known as the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish has become one of the largest distributors of toys to those in need in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as providing financial assistance to hundreds of agencies. The Bell Media family will celebrate its 52nd Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in this year's 2018 holiday season. With the outstanding support of CP24 and 104.5 CHUM FM, we reach both radio and television audiences for community assistance.
We welcome back The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), which celebrates 50 years with our program! With the continued support of RBC, Loyalty One and our other campaign partners and loyal donors, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish hopes to bring the magic of the holidays to those in need of assistance this holiday season.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 53rd Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
This season brought overwhelming response, and all volunteer spaces have been filled. Please contact the Volunteer Line directly for specific inquiries: 905-279-8510.
If you are interested in supporting the campaign in another way, please consider making a financial donation that will help give a kid a Christmas.
NOTE: Click here for the Volunteer Acknowledgement Release Form. Please print off, complete, and bring with you to the Wish Warehouse on the day of your volunteer shift.
Registration for the 2019 holiday season will open in late October. Please check back to access the link and submit your request at that time.
Even the smallest contribution can make a difference! All financial donations of $20.00 or more are eligible for an income tax receipt. Our charitable registration number is 11885 9057 RR0001. Cheques should be made payable to the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish, and must include the name and mailing address of the person who should receive the tax receipt. Tax receipts will be issued to individuals who are part of a group donation; however, we will certainly recognize the group effort with a thank you letter. For group donations, please provide us with a list of donors’ names, the donors’ home addresses and the amounts donated. Tax receipts will not be sent to an individual’s work address.
Financial donations can be made online to the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
Where can donations be made?
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Headquarters - 299 Queen Street West, Toronto
- Most RBC Royal Bank branches in the Greater Toronto Region.
- CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish Warehouse – 1366 Blundell Road, Mississauga
- Online at thewish.ca
- Text WISH to 30333 to donate $10 (this charge will appear on your phone bill)
Children in the age groups below are sometimes difficult to shop for and often overlooked by donors. Please use these helpful tips to help give a kid a Christmas.
Infants & Babies
- Make sure the toy is age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating (0 – 6 months) and (3 months+) are in highest demand:
- No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
- Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
- Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
- No small parts
Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old
- Gift cards in the $25-$30 value range would be best (Hudson's Bay, WalMart, Cineplex, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, La Senza, etc.)
- Electronic games, age-appropriate board
- Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
- Roller blades, ice skates, snow boards
- Bicycle helmets
- Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
- Personal care and grooming gift packs
- Hair products and accessories (curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, beard groomers, etc.)
- Diaries, journals
- Creative and craft supplies
- Purses, knapsacks/backpacks
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish is looking for people to help staff the 2018 season. The successful candidate would be expected to commit to a few weeks to months, throughout the holiday season.
The following part-time position is available:
Project Assistant October 9, 2018 – Jan. 11, 2019
This position will be required to work in the Wish office; must be proficient with Microsoft Office, excellent telephone manner and multitasking abilities a must; required to perform all clerical duties associated with the Wish; liaise with CRIS (Christmas Referral and Information Services –TESS) staff to ensure proper fulfillment of agency toy requests; coordinates RBC branch and corporate donor pick ups and provides schedules and request to Wish drivers; in times of great need, they will also pitch in, in the warehouse or at the volunteer desk.