Articles for Joanna Lavoie
- Registration starts Tuesday for City of Toronto summer rec programs
- Wheel-Trans re-enrollment could impact access for thousands of users: advocates
- YRP officer given 18-month conditional sentence in serious Markham hit-and-run crash
- Toronto to refer refugees and asylum seekers who show up at full shelters to federal programs starting today
- Charges laid against driver caught on video speeding down Highway 401 shoulder
- Girl, 14, charged in connection with firework being set off inside TTC bus
- Man critically injured in fall from bridge onto TTC tracks in Midtown Toronto
- More than 30 new pickleball courts could soon open in Toronto
- Two suspects sought after man stabbed 'multiple times' in Ajax
- York Catholic District School Board votes against flying the Pride flag in June
- Three-year-old boy dies after being pulled from backyard pool in Oakville
- Motorcyclist dead after collision in Scarborough
- 'It's not a fair law' Iranian refugee from North York facing deportation fears persecution
- Two tenants, landlord dead following dispute in Stoney Creek, SIU investigating
- Victim rushed to hospital following early morning stabbing in downtown Toronto
Joanna Lavoie joined CP24.com as a digital journalist in May 2022, covering breaking news and social justice issues in Toronto and the GTHA.
A long-time Toronto journalist, Lavoie has covered some of city’s biggest news stories. She has also extensively written about the the GTA's drug poisoning and affordable housing/homelessness crises, and its many other inequities. Several of her pieces have been picked up nationally and internationally.
Before coming to CP24, Lavoie worked for Torstar Corp. reporting for Metroland Media’s Toronto communities division. Her work also appeared in the Toronto Star.
A graduate of Toronto Metropolitan University, she holds a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism with a specialization in broadcasting.
Lavoie also speaks regularly about her work and industry with students, groups, and other media outlets.
A married mother of two young daughters, she is a passionate Latin dancer and acroyogi, and a devoted bonne vivante.
Lavoie speaks English and French.