The family of Luke Joly-Durocher is marking an unimaginable milestone on the 15th anniversary of his disappearance, pleading with the public for information that could finally bring them closure.

The 20-year-old, originally from Témiscaming, Que., was last seen on March 4, 2011, at approximately 11:54 p.m., after being refused entry into a licensed establishment at the corner of Main and Wyld streets in North Bay, Ont. He was reported missing to the North Bay Police Service by his parents two days later, on March 7.
Despite extensive investigative efforts over the past decade and a half, he has not been located. On the anniversary, police reiterated their belief that someone in the community holds the key to solving the mystery.
“Fifteen years is an unimaginable length of time for a family to wait for answers,” said North Bay police Detective Const. Eric Krmpotic in a news release Wednesday.
“This investigation remains active. We strongly believe that someone knows something, and even the smallest detail could be the key to moving this case forward.”
The night of the disappearance

Surveillance footage from the establishment captured Luke and his friends arriving at 11:54 p.m. that snowy night. Video also shows the group inside at the door, where Luke was refused entry. Moments later, he is seen walking out the door alone — the last confirmed sighting of him.

Phone records show Luke’s final communication was a text message sent to his father at 8:51 p.m. His bank account was last accessed on March 4, 2011, when he withdrew $20.
His bank card was later found by a pedestrian on March 15, 2011, in the 500 block of Sherbrooke Street.

At the time of his disappearance, Luke was described as:
- 20 years old
- 5′8″ (173 cm)
- 150 lbs (68 kg)
- Slender build
- Brown eyes
- Short brown, curly hair
- Braces on his upper teeth

Evidence and lingering questions
During the initial investigation, police seized Luke’s dark navy American Eagle jacket and his prescription eyeglasses from a residence on Sherbrooke Street where he had been staying with friends. His mobile phone was also recovered from the same location.

However, one distinct item remains missing.
“A unique purple studded belt Luke was wearing has never been recovered,” North Bay Police Service Sgt. Dave Wilson said in an OPP video marking the 10th anniversary.

Reward remains in place
A reward of up to $50,000 is still being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for Luke’s disappearance.
“We remain committed to supporting this investigation and seeking answers and accountability,” said OPP Detective Staff Sgt. Seth Adair in a news release Wednesday.
“If you have information, we urge you to come forward. Time does not diminish our resolve to pursue the truth.”
The investigation is ongoing under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch.
Family’s enduring pain
Reached by CTV News on the 15th anniversary, Luke’s father, Rob Joly, politely declined an on-camera interview but shared a brief message.
“Thank you for reaching out and keeping the awareness out there,” Rob Joly wrote.
“The public knows how I feel and what it’s done to our family.”
“We just want some answers to what happened that night.”
— Rob Joly, father of Luke Joly-Durocher, in a message to CTV News on March 4, 2026
Previous statements from family members, featured in an OPP information video, paint a portrait of a vibrant young man with a passion for music.
“My son really... Everybody loved Luke,” said Monique Durocher, Luke’s mother.
“He was happy going. He was always smiling, even though it wasn’t even funny. Like, you know, some people say, ‘What are you smiling about?’”

His sister, Sara Joly-Durocher, remembered his magnetic personality.
“Anybody who knew Luke knew that when he was walking into the room, you were ready to laugh quite a bit,” she said.
“He’s a very, very social guy. Very easy to talk to.”
— Sara Joly-Durocher, sister of Luke Joly-Durocher, in 2021
Luke’s father recalled his son’s musical aspirations.

“Luke was an avid guitar player and a piano player, and he would write his own lyrics and he told me, he says, ‘Dad,’ he says, ‘one day my music’s going to make me famous,’” Rob said in the 2021 video.
Another sister, Priscillia Joly, shared a childhood memory tinged with the tragedy of what might have been.
“‘When I make it big in the music,’ he said, ‘do you want to be my manager?’ And I said, ‘Yeah, of course.’ You know, and not thinking that, you know, that we would be in this situation.”
The case has garnered significant media attention over the years, including being the subject of a CTV W5 investigation in November 2022.
Police continue to appeal to the public for any information, no matter how small it may seem.
“I just want to know where my son is,” Monique Durocher said in the 2021 OPP video.

“That’s what I want, I just want my son back.”
— Monique Durocher, mother of Luke Joly-Durocher, in 2021
“It gets harder to hope, but I really wish that you, if you have an answer, if you know where my brother is, let us know,” Luke’s sister Priscillia added.
“Give us some closure here,” his father Rob pleaded previously.
“Tell us what happened, because we do deserve that,” said his other sister, Sara Joly-Durocher said.

“You know, I’m asking you to do the right thing and to pick up the phone and help us with this.”
— Rob Joly, father of Luke Joly-Durocher, in 2021
How to provide information

Anyone with information is asked to call North Bay police at 705-497-5555 and press five to speak with an officer, or call the OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Anonymous tips can be submitted to Near North Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-222-8477 or online at nearnorthcrimestoppers.com.
RELATED STORIES:
- North Bay father continues search for son who disappeared more than 10 years ago
- Chippewa Creek search connected to missing persons case, North Bay police say
- Family works with investigator to find clues about son who went missing in North Bay in 2011
- North Bay Police still committed to solving 10-year-old missing person case
- Father still looking for answers on son’s disappearance
- North Bay police release new information in 2011 missing person case




