Careless smoking could be the cause of a two-alarm fire in North York
Two-alarm fire at North York home sends woman to hospital as precaution. (Mike Nguyen/ CP24)
Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Thursday, March 31, 2016 5:22AM EDT
Careless smoking may be to blame for a house fire in North York that sent one woman to hospital on Thursday morning, Toronto Fire Services says.
It happened near Patricia and Fargo avenues, in the area of Steeles Avenue and Yonge Street, shortly after midnight.
According to Toronto Fire Platoon Chief Douglas Cumming, the two-alarm fire is not considered to be suspicious.
Two cats were inside the home at the time of the fire. Cumming said one of the cats did not survive and the whereabouts of the second cat is not known.
One female was taken to hospital as a precaution.
Damage is estimated to be approximately $200,000.