List of road closures for Toronto marathon
Web staff, cp24.com
Published Friday, May 3, 2013 8:34AM EDT
Last Updated Friday, May 3, 2013 8:45AM EDT
Thousands of runners took to the streets for the annual GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon on Sunday, resulting in a number of road closures and delays for motorists.
The race began at the North York Civic Centre at 7:30 a.m., however, some road closures went into effect at 5 a.m.
Organizers expected more than 10,000 runners from more than 50 different countries to compete in either the full marathon, the half marathon, the 5K or the relay.
Motorists should take note of the following closures:
- Beecroft Road between Elmhurst and Horsham avenues from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. One northbound lane will be open for condo access.
- Beecroft Road/Ellerslie Avenue between North York Boulevard and Yonge Street from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- North York Boulevard between Beecroft Road and Yonge Street from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Park Home Avenue between Beecroft Road and Yonge Street from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Yonge Street between Churchill Avenue and Highway 401 from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Highway 401/Yonge Street southbound ramp from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Yonge Street between Highway 401 to York Mills Road from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Yonge Street between York Mills Road and Eglinton Avenue from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Yonge Street between Eglinton Avenue and Chaplin Crescent from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Yonge Street between Chaplin Crescent and Aylmer Road from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Chaplin Crescent between Yonge Street and Oriole Parkway from 7:30 am to 10 a.m. Westbound lanes only.
- Oriole Parkway between Chaplin Crescent and Lonsdale Road from 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Lonsdale Road between Avenue Road and Spadina Road from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Westbound lanes only.
- Spadina Road between Lonsdale Road and St. Clair Avenue from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Spadina Road from St. Clair Avenue to Walmer Road from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Walmer Road between Dupont Street and MacPherson Avenue from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- MacPherson Avenue between Walmer Road and Davenport Road from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Davenport Road between Dupont Street and Belmont Street frin 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Belmont Street between Davenport Road and Yonge Street from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Rosedale Valley Road between Aylmer Road and Bayview Avenue from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Bayview Avenue between Rosedale Valley Road and King Street from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- King Street between River Street and Sumach Street from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Southbound lanes only.
- Sumach Street between King Street and Eastern Avenue from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Eastern Avenue between Wellington Street and Front Street from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Front Street to John Street between 8 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- Front Street/John Street to Bathurst Street from 8 a.m. to noon
- Bathurst Street/Front Street, between Fort York Boulevard to Lake Shore Boulevard, from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The GoodLife Fitness Toronto Marathon raises money for a number of charities, including the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.
This year special T-shirts are being sold to participants and spectator with all proceeds going to the Boston Children's Hospital.
Remember for instant breaking news follow @cp24 on Twitter.