CP24 - Toronto News | Breaking News Headlines | Weather, Traffic, Sports
Road closures for Toronto Santa Claus Parade today
Lexy Benedict, CP24.com
Published Thursday, November 14, 2019 10:52AM EST
Last Updated Sunday, November 17, 2019 1:38PM EST
Santa Claus is coming to town for the 115th annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade this Sunday at 12:30 p.m.
This major yearly event is going to be causing some road closures around the city, so if you’re heading to the downtown core police are recommending that you plan ahead and give yourself extra time.
Between 6 a.m. and around 3:30 p.m. there will be rolling road closures in effect on the following streets.
• Bloor Street East, from Parliament Street to Broadview Avenue
• Bloor Street East, from Sherbourne Street to Parliament Street
• Bloor Street West/East, from St George Street to Sherbourne Street
• Avenue Road/Queen’s Park, from Davenport Road to College Street
• University Avenue, from College Street to Dundas Street
• University Avenue, from Dundas Street to Front Street
• Wellington Street, from University Avenue to Jarvis Street
• Front Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street
• Front Street, from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street
Toronto Police will be towing any vehicles parked along the route as of 6 a.m.
At 11:45 a.m., the “Holly Jolly 5K Fun Run” will be taking place along the route before the parade. The parade itself will begin at 12:30 p.m.
The parade will proceed along the following route:
- Start: Bloor Street East and Parliament Street
- WestBound: Bloor Street East
- Southbound: Queen’s Park Crescent East
- Southbound: University Avenue (northbound lanes)
- Eastbound: Wellington Street West
- Southbound: Yonge Street
- Eastbound: Front Street East
- Finish: Front Street East & Jarvis Street
The parade will last approximately 2.5 hours, and will take place regardless of weather conditions.
Toronto Police are suggesting that parade spectators use the TTC as it will be providing full streetcar and subway services.