Search underway for Ontario boy, 6, missing on Bruce Peninsula
An OPP cruiser is seen in this undated image. (Dave Chidley / THE CANADIAN PRESS)
Published Tuesday, September 22, 2020 10:04PM EDT
Last Updated Wednesday, September 23, 2020 5:43AM EDT
A search is underway for a six-year-old Ontario boy who went missing from a home on the Bruce Peninsula Tuesday evening.
Ontario Provincial Police said the boy went missing from a home on Mapleport Crescent in the Sauble Beach South area, around 100 kilometres west of Collingwood.
OPP and K9 units are searching wooded areas and are asking area residents to check their properties. A helicopter has also been brought in to assist with the search.
OPP said the investigation is “fast moving” and that a large team is currently engaged in the search.
No photo of the boy has been released as part of the search so far.