Published Friday, September 24, 2010 2:41PM EDT
Where Ratan stands on the big issues facing Toronto:
1. What are your thoughts on Transit City?
"I would like to integrate GO Transit and the TTC, people getting off GO trains or buses should be able to get on the TTC by paying an extra fifty cents."
2. Bikes lane have become a heated topic during this campaign. Where do you stand on the issue?
"This should be coordinated with BIA's across the city, because bike lanes should not interfere with business in the city."
3. How do you feel about the idea of charging road tolls?
"I would encourage that, the more taxes we get the more we can put back into building new roads."
4. What "big idea" do you have that will be part of your platform?
"I would consider building casinos in the city, possibly in the new red light district."
6. How do you plan on bringing "new life" to the city?
"I want to legalize prostitution and marijuana and create a legalized red light district; I believe that will bring in new tourists. I want to legalize all of this to eliminate pimps and johns, and I want prostitutes to pay taxes. I also want to encourage the adult film industry here and have it coordinate with the industry in California; it would generate all sorts of employment."
7. How do you feel about the crime level in Toronto? How do you plan on addressing it?
"The main source of crime in this city is drugs and guns coming into our city from the United States. Unless we coordinate with all police chiefs and custom agents we cannot do much to reduce crime."
8. What are your plans for the city's budget including property taxes?
"I don't see any harm in taxes, property taxes collected in this city will go back to the people of the city. I applaud what outgoing mayor David Miller has been able to do with the city's budget."