Danish club says Norwegian international centre back Sigurd Rosted headed to Toronto
Rangers' Fashion Sakala, right, in action against Brondby's Sigurd Rosted during the Europa League group A soccer match between Brondby IF and Rangers FC at Brondby Stadium in Copenhagen, Thursday, Nov, 4, 2021. (Martin Sylvest/Ritzau Scanpix via AP)
The Canadian Press
Published Wednesday, February 1, 2023 9:54AM EST
Last Updated Wednesday, February 1, 2023 12:38PM EST
TORONTO - Denmark's Brondby IF says Norwegian international defender Sigurd Rosted is headed to Toronto FC.
Brondby said farewell to the 28-year-old centre back on its official Twitter account, saying the defender was travelling to Toronto “to negotiate his personal terms.”
Toronto, however, said nothing has been finalized yet.
Rosted started his career as a youth with Kjelsas IL before moving to Sarpsborg 08 FF, another Norwegian club, in 2015. In 2018, he joined Belgium's KKA, transferring to Brondby in the summer of 2109.
At almost six foot three, Rosted adds height as well as experience.
Toronto, which tied a franchise-worst by conceding 66 goals last year, has already added goalkeeper Sean Johnson, centre back Matt Hedges and fullback Raoul Petretta in the off-season in a bid to improve its backline.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Feb. 1, 2023.
More Toronto FC News
- Toronto FC defeats Inter Miami 2-0 on chilly night for first win of MLS season
- Toronto FC pick up Whitecaps defender Gutierrez off waivers
- Insigne expected to miss Toronto FC's next 3-4 games after aggravating groin injury
- Toronto FC's new kit draws wide range of reviews from players and supporters
- Toronto facing injuries up front, chilly conditions for home opener against Columbus
Top Sports News
- Greenshields returns but others are missing from Canadian roster for Hong Kong Sevens
- Soundtrack of this year's March Madness begins with 'CLANK!'
- Track stymies Russian path to Olympics due to war in Ukraine
- Canada's Nembhard posts double-double as Pacers top Raptors 118-114
- Blackhawks will not wear Pride-themed jerseys: AP source