51st Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish program has become one of the largest distributors of toys to children in need in the Greater Toronto Area. The program also provides financial assistance to hundreds of agencies, ensuring that hundreds of thousands of children across the GTA enjoy a holiday experience. In 2016, with the help of The Royal Bank of Canada, LoyaltyOne, as well as the generous donations from our loyal viewers and listeners, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in conjunction with Toronto Social Services assisted approximately 300,000 people in need through toy and financial support.
To donate now, please click the button below:
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish was originally established in 1966 as CHUM’s Kid’s Crusade Foundation, for the purpose of assisting children in need and children’s charities. In 1973, the name was changed to the CHUM Charitable Foundation in order to broaden the scope of the foundation’s work, including the increase in requests for financial assistance from adults in need. In 2008, the program became known as the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
The CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish has become one of the largest distributors of toys to those in need in the Greater Toronto Area, as well as providing financial assistance to hundreds of agencies. The Bell Media family will celebrate its 51st Annual CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish in this year's 2017 holiday season. With the outstanding support of CP24 and 104.5 CHUM FM, we reach both radio and television audiences for community assistance.
We welcome back The Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), which celebrates 49 years with our program! With the continued support of RBC, our other campaign partners and loyal donors, the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish hopes to bring the magic of the holidays to those in need of assistance this holiday season.
If you are interested in volunteering at our Wish Warehouse this holiday season, the online registration link will be active on Monday, October 30. If you have any issues or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
NOTE: Click here for the Volunteer Acknowledgement Release Form. Please print off, complete, and bring with you to the Wish Warehouse on the day of your volunteer shift.
Even the smallest contribution can make a difference! All financial donations of $20.00 or more are eligible for an income tax receipt. Our charitable registration number is 11885 9057 RR0001. Cheques should be made payable to the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish, and must include the name and mailing address of the person who should receive the tax receipt. Tax receipts will be issued to individuals who are part of a group donation; however, we will certainly recognize the group effort with a thank you letter. For group donations, please provide us with a list of donors’ names, the donors’ home addresses and the amounts donated. Tax receipts will not be sent to an individual’s work address.
Financial donations can be made online to the CP24 CHUM Christmas Wish.
Children in the age groups below are sometimes difficult to shop for and often overlooked by donors. Please use these helpful tips to help give a kid a Christmas.
Infants & Babies
- Make sure the toy is age appropriate by the manufacturer’s age rating (0 – 6 months) and (3 months+) are in highest demand:
- No ‘button’ eyes or noses – features must be soft and sewn on securely
- Package should say ‘Infant Friendly’ or ‘Baby’s First’, ‘Infantino’, etc.
- Developmental toys (Fisher Price, Baby Einstein, Playskool, Leap Frog Baby)
- No small parts
Children Ages 10 to 18 Years Old
- Gift cards in the $25-$30 value range would be best (Hudson's Bay, Wal-Mart, HMV, Cineplex, Gap, Stitches, Chapters, Coles, Old Navy, Garage, Blue Notes, La Senza, etc.)
- Electronic games, age-appropriate board
- Sports equipment (soccer, basketball, football, hockey, skateboards, scooters, etc.)
- Roller blades, ice skates, snow boards
- Bicycle helmets
- Cosmetics (age appropriate: 16 – 18 years old)
- Personal care and grooming gift packs
- Hair products and accessories (curling irons, blow dryers, shavers, beard groomers, etc.)
- Diaries, journals
- Creative and craft supplies
- Purses, knapsacks/backpacks