TORONTO - Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre says while he would welcome a fight with middleweight title-holder Michael Bisping, it's not in the cards right now.
St-Pierre, who has been on hiatus since November 2013, has been campaigning for a comeback fight in the UFC. He recently declared himself a free agent, complaining the UFC was dragging its heels in giving him a fight.
That prompted England's Bisping -- recognizing a big-money fight when he sees one -- to challenge St-Pierre via social media, saying he had verbally agreed to meet the former champion from Montreal at UFC 206 in Toronto on Dec. 10.
UFC president Dana White quickly shot that down.
St-Pierre, in a video posted on social media, said he had recently met with Ari Emanuel of WME-IMG, which recently bought the UFC, and White.
"Nothing would make me more happier in the world (than) to fight you in Toronto, Michael," said St-Pierre. "Last week I met with Ari and I made peace with Dana. I tried to resolve things but unfortunately right now it's not happening. Hopefully things will change soon."