News you can use for Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016
Web Staff , CP24.com
Published Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:39AM EST
Toronto FC had advanced to the MLS Cup final and the closure of a parking lot at Wilson Station is upsetting commuters. Here is some news you can use for Thursday, Dec. 1, 2016:
Keep your umbrellas handy today. Environment Canada is calling for a 40 per cent chance of rain today with a high of 5 C in Toronto.
- The closure of a parking lot at Wilson Station is upsetting some drivers who commute into the city for work.
- A host of new revenue tools that extend beyond the hotel tax and road tolls backed by Mayor John Tory will be up for discussion today as executive committee meets at city hall.
- One suspect is in custody after three people were stabbed at a home in Scarborough's Morningside neighbourhod overnight.
- The AGO is hosting another round of First Thursday featuring Zebra Katz.
- Half Moon Run is performing tonight with Plants and Animals at Massey Hall. The show starts at 8 p.m.
- Toronto FC made history last night after defeating the Montreal Impact 5-2 at BMO Field and advancing to the MLS Cup final.
- The Raptors came out on top with a 129-105 win over the Memphis Grizzlies at the ACC last night.
- The Leafs were shut out by the Flames 3-0 last night in Calgary.