What's open and closed in GTA on New Year's Day
Web staff, cp24.com
Published Monday, December 31, 2012 7:34AM EST
Most stores and public buildings will be closed on the first day of 2013. For people who are looking for something to do on Tuesday, some malls and a few tourist attractions will be open for part of the day.
Here’s what’s open and closed in the GTA on New Year’s Day:
- Government offices, banks, post offices, community centres and libraries
- LCBO, Wine Rack and The Beer Store locations
- Most stores, including grocery stores and pharmacies, are closed
- St. Lawrence Market
- Outdoor skating rinks
- Some tourist attractions, including the CN Tower, Ontario Science Centre, Royal Ontario Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario
- There is garbage collection on New Year’s Day, but there is no garbage collection on New Year’s Eve. Click here for a schedule
- Eaton Centre, noon to 5 p.m.
- Pacific Mall, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Square One, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Bramalea City Centre, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
GO Transit and the TTC are operating on a Sunday schedule on New Year’s Day. A TTC fare increase took effect with the start of Tuesday's service.
Remember, for instant breaking news, follow @CP24 on Twitter.