Live Gordon Lightfoot album, 'At Royal Albert Hall,' set for release in July
Gordon Lightfoot's live album is set for release July 14. "At Royal Albert Hall" is an unedited live recording of his performance at the venue in London in 2016. Lightfoot is shown performing at Massey Hall in Toronto on November 25, 2021. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Cole Burston
The Canadian Press
Published Monday, May 15, 2023 1:38PM EDT
A live Gordon Lightfoot album billed as his final release is set for July 14.
"At Royal Albert Hall" is an unedited recording of his performance at the venue in London in 2016.
A representative for Lightfoot says the musician was adamant that the album be released as soon as possible in the weeks leading up to his death on May 1.
He says Lightfoot requested that no changes be made to the recording.
In addition to his best-known hits, the double album includes songs that have never appeared on previous live albums, including "Beautiful" and "Don Quixote."
Lightfoot was a prolific performer, and played his last live show in Winnipeg last October.
This report by The Canadian Press was first published May 15, 2023.
More Music News
- Topless protester at Juno Awards pleads guilty to trespassing, agrees to pay fine
- St. John's was a 'safe' spot for Tina Turner, and Newfoundlanders remember her fondly
- Tributes for Tina Turner, the global music superstar, after her death at 83
- Tina Turner, 'Queen of Rock 'n' Roll', dies at 83
- Rapper Fetty Wap sentenced to 6 years in prison for drug-trafficking scheme
Top Entertainment News
- Dev Shah wins National Spelling Bee, going out on top after up-and-down spelling career
- Armie Hammer avoids charges after sex assault investigation, says 'name has been cleared'
- Jordan's crown prince weds scion of Saudi family in ceremony packed with stars and symbolism
- 'That '70s Show' star Danny Masterson faces 30 years to life after being convicted of 2 counts of rape
- At 83, Al Pacino is expecting his fourth child