News

Canada-wide warrants issued for 2 Toronto teens in fatal Riverdale shooting

Updated: 

Published: 

The two young men were gunned down by two suspects, according to police, at around 11:15 p.m. on Tuesday night.

Editor’s Note: This article has been updated to remove the name of a teen suspect after the judicial authorization that allowed Toronto police to identify him expired.

Toronto police are searching for two additional suspects wanted in connection with a deadly Riversdale shooting that killed 18-year-old Quentin Caza and 20-year-old Jeremy McNeil last month.

Officers were originally called to area of Bain and Logan avenues on the evening of April 15 for reports of gunshots in the area.

When they arrived, they said that Caza and McNeil were found suffering from serious gunshots wounds. One died at the scene, while the other succumbed to their injuries later in hospital.

A 17-year-old was arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree murder in connection with the incident earlier this month.

On May 15, police identified two additional suspects, 18-year-old Abdulrahman Zein and a 17-year-old boy, whose name was initially released after investigators obtained judicial authorization.

That order expired on May 19.

Police are urging the public not to approach either suspect and to call 911 if they are seen.

At the time of the shooting, residents described hearing multiple gunshots and people yelling to “stay inside.”

One neighbour said they heard someone screaming for help just before police arrived on the scene.

The brazen shooting marked Toronto’s ninth and tenth homicides of the year, officials said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact investigators at 416-808-7400 or submit an anonymous tip through Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS (8477).