CP24 - Toronto News | Breaking News Headlines | Weather, Traffic, Sports
What's open and closed in Toronto on Family Day
Miriam Katawazi, CP24.com
Published Friday, February 14, 2020 11:53AM EST
Last Updated Monday, February 17, 2020 8:04AM EST
If you and your family are marking Family Day, here are some things to know.
The holiday is recognized in Ontario, as well as some other Canadian provinces, but it is not a national statutory holiday.
That means that several attractions, stores and services in the city will be operating on a different schedule or closed altogether.
What is open and closed for the day to help you navigate the long weekend:
- The CF Toronto Eaton Centre will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Mississauga Square One will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Some Metro, T&T, Shoppers Drug Mart and Whole Foods Market locations will be open.
- CF Markville Mall will be open from 11 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Toronto Premium Outlets will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Movie theatres will be open as usual.
- The Aga Khan Museum will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Royal Ontario Museum will be open from 10 .m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Art Gallery of Ontario will be open from 10:30 a.m. until 4 p.m.
- Casa Loma will be open from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Ontario Science Centre will be open from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Toronto Zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Municipal child care centres and district offices will be closed.
- All city planning and committee of adjustment offices will be closed.
- All courts will be closed.
- All employment and social services offices will be closed.
- The city’s long-term care homes and services will be operating as usual.
- Toronto Animal Services and shelters will be closed.
- All civic centres are open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. to accommodate booked meetings and events.
- Multi-residential front-end garbage collection will take place on Tuesday, instead of Family Day. There will be no impact on daytime curbside collection.
- Toronto Public Library branches will be closed.
- Regular mail collection and delivery will take place.
- The TTC will be operating on its holiday schedule.
- Go Transit will be operating on its Saturday schedule.