Numerous road closures in place for annual Santa Claus Parade today
Chris Fox, CP24.com
Published Friday, November 17, 2017 7:25AM EST
Last Updated Sunday, November 19, 2017 2:23PM EST
Drivers take note: Santa Claus is coming to town.
The 113th annual Santa Claus Parade will take place on Sunday afternoon and numerous road closures are in place as a result.
The parade gets underway at around 12:30 p.m. at Christie Pits Park and will run eastbound along Bloor Street, southbound on Queen's Park Crescent/ University Avenue and then eastbound on Wellington Street West/Front Street East. The event will wrap up outside the St. Lawrence Market building at around 3 p.m.
Here is a list of planned road closures and when they will go into effect:
- Bloor Street West, from Ossington Avenue to Christie Street, at 8 a.m.
- Bloor Street West, from Christie Street to Bathurst Street, at 10 a.m.
- Bloor Street West, from Bathurst Street to Bay Street, at 10:45 a.m.
- Avenue Road/Queen's Park, from Davenport Road to College Street, at 10:45 a.m.
- University Avenue, from College Street to Dundas Street, at 11 a.m.
- University Avenue, from Dundas Street to Front Street, at 11:15 a.m.
- Wellington Street, from University Avenue to Jarvis Street, at 11:30 a.m.
- Front Street, from Bay Street to Jarvis Street, at 11:45 a.m.
- Front Street, from Jarvis Street to Sherbourne Street, at 11 a.m.
Police say that vehicles parked along the parade route will be relocated to neighbouring streets starting at 6 a.m. on Sunday.